Even though it still feels like summer out, Fall is just around the corner and with that comes home maintenance. Here are some items that will help you get ready for that cozy time of year!
- Make sure windows and skylights close tightly.
- Check sump pump and line to ensure proper operation, and to ascertain that there are no line obstructions or visible leaks.
- Have furnace/heating system serviced by a qualified service professional or company.
- Vacuum electric baseboard heaters to remove dust.
- Check and clean or replace furnace air filters each month during the heating season.
- Replace window screens with storm windows.
- Clean leaves from roof and test down-spouts to endure proper drainage.
- Remove grilles on forced air systems and vacuum inside the ducts.
- Make sure all doors to the outside shut tightly. Renew door weather-stripping if required.
- Drain and store outdoor hoses.
- close valve to outdoor hose connection and drain hose bib unless your house has frost proof hose bibs.
- Spray out sprinklers to make sure they don't freeze.